Tipperary Dance Residency
Tipperary Excel Arts & Cultural Centre and South Tipperary County Council Arts Service have developed a Dance Residency with the brief of establishing and developing a Contemporary Dance Culture in South Tipperary. The dance resident(s) will be based at Tipperary Excel Arts & Cultural Centre but will also work outside of the Centre in South Tipperary, with a number of community & youth groups. The dance artists will have the opportunity to develop their own practice through use of agreed studio times.
The aims of the residency are to:
- Develop contemporary dance as an art form in Tipperary.
- Develop capacity of local young dance artists.
- Provide professional development for dance artist(s) through use of the Tipperary Excel Dance Studio.
- Develop capacity of Tipperary Excel as an education and outreach resource with community and school groups.
- Promote participation through the establishment of a Youth / Community Dance Group(s).
- Develop a National and International Reputation for the Arts Centre as a venue and resource for professional Contemporary Dance.
To learn more about the residency programme and the dancers press HERE